Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese Year of the Fire Dog!

Fire Dog
Happy New Lunar Year. And as its the start of the Chinese Year of the Fire Dog here is a transformation of this somewhat perplexed friendly pooch into a flaming fire dog!

The last time there was a fire dog year was 1946.

Dogs in general may be rather overwhelming... dogs are very loyal though maybe a bit bossy too.

Fire dogs make good leaders. They have plenty of charisma and are honest but don't want to settle down.

Other dogs:

Wood Dog

Wood Dog - 1934 and 1994

Wood dogs are not as independent as other dogs and really like to be part of a group - they need someone to throw their sticks for them!


Metal Dog

Metal Dog - 1910 and 1970

Metal dogs pick their friends with care. Once a friend though, always a friend. They can be extremely anxious if they are unable to get on with their work.


Water Dog

Water Dog - 1922 and 1982

Water dogs are less loyal than the others. Easy come, easy go is their motto, with both people and money.


Earth Dog

Earth Dog - 1910 and 1958

In the year of the fire dog, earth dogs will feel rather more energetic than usual and maybe not as grounded, as shown in this photo!

Earth dogs are trustworthy and diplomatic and make great leaders.




All these photographs were taken today in Blaise Castle Park in Bristol.

18 comments:

Brian the Mennonite said...

Nice photos Caroline. It looks like you had fun at the park today. Is it one of those parks intended especially for dogs and their humans? :)

Caroline said...

Hello Brian! It was lovely day to be out for a change!

I don't know if it is a park intended for dogs and their humans - I think it is generally a friendly place to go - its quite large and there are wild bits as well as children's playground parts.

I don't have a dog but if I lived nearer to this park I would!

steve said...

Hey, I really enjoyed your take on "Glamour" and these dog pics are great. One of these days I hope to adopt a dog myself.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I refer to my friends as dogs this year? Guess which one I am };-} No don't ... I'm Anonymous ...

andrea said...

I love how you even found a metal dog to photograph. Lovely day today in Bristol.

Anonymous said...

Great artwork, and a really cool post! I love all the photos.

The Tart said...

Dogs rule...love that metal dog! I must go back and see them again!

Caroline said...

Thanks Steve - which element would you rather your dog (when you get one) showed?

Anonymous - I'd guess that you are the same one I am.... but I may be wrong...

Andrea - I was lucky both with the day and the metal dog!

Rose - thanks - I had fun with my camera yesterday!

Joli Noir Perle - The metal dog is great isn't he. I tried to get some pictures of the metal dog with other dogs but they didn't really work - he's very tall.

merlinprincesse said...

Cool Caroline! Serendipitous meetings with dogs in the Park!

Anonymous said...

Great examples of the different (Chinese) dogs! The metal dog is especially unique.

I noticed Brian's post above... I have tried repeatedly to comment on Brian's blog and it won't let me. Do you (or Brian, if you're reading this) have any idea why?

Caroline said...

Merlinprincesse - serendipity is an excellent word for it!

Nan - I was amazed to find the metal dog - its great isn't it.... I don't know about Brian's blog... I think this is the first time he's commented here.... and I haven't returned the favour yet.... been too busy with the doodles!

Anonymous said...

this was a great post! I love the different dogs. (lol, earthdog!)

Happy New Year!

Caroline said...

Thanks catnapping - well guess which one I am!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

And then there are the dogs that think they're people, haha.

Actually, my cousin thinks her dogs are 'children'. Infuriates her family by saying, 'Oh, look nannee [grandma]" or "auntie is here to see you.'

Mike said...

Terrific!

Yes, I'm a water dog. If I have money, I'm probably spending it. But there must be some metal in me because I choose my friends very carefully!

Caroline said...

GG - what do you the think Chinese year of the dog who thought it was a person would be like? Tee Hee!

Viking - thanks for the visit - glad to hear that you are not all water! but if there is some metal in you too I hope it doesn't go rusty!

Tony Sarrecchia said...

Hehehe..I especially like metal dog--seems like he'd be the lowest maintenence.

Caroline said...

And you could call him Rusty... and give him a quick wipe down with an oily rag... he might be a bit heavy as a lap dog....