Over the last few days we've been entertaining Jim's mother, Mary, who came to see the Bristol Balloon Fiesta which was on from last Thursday to Sunday. The night glow is shown above.
Now she has gone and I'm planning to start a specific programme from The No Diet Diet: Do Something Different. The idea is to break the habits that keep one set in one's ways and that consequently lead to weight gain. The first week is about breaking some non-food habits. But I'm a bit stuck already as I don't have the specific habits they target - though I'm sure I'll find something else. Here are the first 7 days worth of tasks:
- Avoid TV / radio all day. Maybe I'll have to avoid reading.
- Write something for 15 minutes - something you wouldn't have written anyway. (I think this will be fun).
- Don't have your favourite drink. They suggest drinking water instead. But water IS my favourite drink.
- Go for a 15-minute walk - one that is not part of any normal routine. (I like the sound of this).
- Get up an hour earlier. This is rather assuming a set getting-up time... I get up anytime between 5.30 and 8.30...
- Make a list of what you want to achieve by this time next year. (I rather refused to do this when Carla suggested it in her wingsforyou challenges so its time I did it...)
- Do a good-natured deed for someone else. (I rather hope I'd do this anyway but I'll be extra aware of the possibility that day).