Monday, September 12, 2005

Synchronicity - Staying at Daisy's

I love synchronicities. One of the reasons I read fiction is that this often brings up synchronicities.

One of my friends rang yesterday to say that she had a brand new niece of the name of Daisy. So I wasn't surprised when I looked at my pile of books to see that the next one I was planning on reading (rereading actually) was "Staying at Daisy's" by Jill Mansell.

But that's not the interesting synchronicity. I was just reading chapter 13 where Maggie and Hector are interrupted by the doorbell ringing and as my eyes reached "Rrrrrinnnnngggg" - my own door bell went - I almost jumped out of my skin! When I got to the end of this chapter I was pulled up short again with:

"It was a b****y wonder she had any hair left, Maggie thought sourly as she signed on the dotted line."

I've removed the hair-pulling pictures that I'd put up - I decided I didn't need reminding...

Do such synchronicities mean anything? Probably not. Just interesting. And from now on I'll blog them! (How odd the spell checker didn't have "blog" in it!)

No comments: