Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards


This is what I made this weekend - in fact mostly on Saturday - it felt very productive to get them made (even if not written and posted) before the last posting day - something that doesn't always happen - indeed last year I didn't get around to making any new ones at all - so lots of people ended up without one from me - sorry!

I made these in a similar way to the ones I made in 2006 (first stage, final ones) and indeed looked at and was again inspired by this tutorial. I got carried away adding bits and bobs before they were all cut up which meant I ended up having to cut some of the shiny confetti pieces and of course add more later. I also found it much easier to tape them into the cards than glue them. Quite a lot of my potential cards didn't have windows so I used a square hole card punch to make them.

Last time I used stamps on tissue to put greetings inside and I did something similar this time - I like the effect of a couple of layers of tissue although it does mean more glue and mess! At least Pritt stick was all that was necessary for the tissue.

Anyone else making cards?

4 comments:

Dru Marland said...

v nice

O lord, I usually do my own cards and this year am running v late indeed.I shall draw inspiration from you. As it were.

Caroline said...

Dru - thanks - good luck - as I said I failed totally last year so I know how its possible to not get them made... this year the first two cards we got were handmade ones... some people are much more organised than I am!

Anji said...

I'm always late. We send out vintage postcards, New Year greetings as Christmas postcards were very rare over here.

Tinker said...

They're lovely, Caroline!
I still haven't mailed anything...