Monday, April 23, 2007

St. George's Day Pagent

Stop! cries St. George

St. George rides onto the scene to discover the dragon about to eat the Princess.

"Stop!" he cries.

The dragon is distracted and the Princess runs to safety as the dragon turns its attention on to St. George.

The Dragon breathes fire at St George

It breathes out fiery breath but misses the nimble rider.

St. George advances with his lance ready.

With his lance he skewers the dragon

He skewers the dragon slaying him on the spot.

And then takes home the Princess

Then St. George and his horse take the Princess home.


Credits

St George......................... Lady the Ladybird
Princess............................Little Cow
Horse................................Himself
Dragon..............................Dalek

Throughout the background used is Selime by Jean & Nathalie

Wikipedia's alternative version of St George and the Dragon.

16 comments:

Joanna said...

This is so much fun Caroline, certainly your best work ever ;o)
Its so clever I can almost see the animated version popping up on youtube!!

Ian russell said...

I like a happy ending.

Tony Sarrecchia said...

What a great story. And a Dalek! YAY.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

The BEST version of St. George's tale ever! Did you have fun, Caro? :-D

Caroline said...

Jo - thank you - as I've now reached my peak I can relax!

Ian - the dalek would have liked one too....

Tony - glad you appreciated my dragon player!

GG - thank you and yes I did!

steve said...

Heh heh, good fun Caroline! Have you tried the movie poster feature at flicker? This would be perfect.

Caroline said...

Steve - I hadn't thought of that - maybe a bit late now though...

Reluctant Nomad said...

Brilliant! I can see this becoming a successful TV series or cartoon strip.

Caroline said...

Reluctant Nomad - thank you. The actors will all be happy to send out signed photos - except the Dalek who no doubt would send out singed ones...

Anonymous said...

Applause! Applause!!
Ladybird gave a magnificent performance, and Dalek was quite convincing as the dragon. Little cow and horse turned in subtle yet moving performances, in their supporting roles.
I was on the edge of my seat - thank heavens there was a happy ending.

I give this post two thumbs up!
:-)

Caroline said...

Tinker thank you - they are all bowing now - oops the dalek fell over again - its not very good at bowing - there is up again and just waving its plunger now!

Cream said...

Love it, Caro.

Ellen said...

You are wa too funny!

Mindy said...

we all need a knight like st. george!

andrea said...

You've been so quiet over here. Holidaying? I have visited this sequence of fun several times now. Makes me smile.

Tony LaRocca said...

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE! DALEKS HAVE NO NEED FOR PRINCESSES! ROFLMAO- I love you!