Yesterday when I posted my first Art Escapes by Dory Kanter exercise Andrea suggested sharing the actual exercise as well as the result. So this time I've followed the directions a little more closely - a little... this is the same exercise as yesterday.
- Do a 1 minute drawing of a mug
- Scribble over it leaving large gaps between the lines
- Colour in the resulting gaps - Dory Kanter suggested using watercolours but I'm playing digitally here - and she suggested working wet in wet with two different colours within each gap to get interesting variations - I've been using variable colour in Painter IX instead
- Make sure you let one area dry before you work adjacent to it (use selection when working digitally)
- Have fun with the colours - I don't think she says that explicitly here but its certainly intended!