Monday, March 06, 2006

MMM: I want to burn this page...

MMM: I want to burn this page...

The text says:
"Somedays paintings just don't work...

Somedays I do want to just tear them up and burn them

Somedays..."

I've not found any journal pages that I want to burn but plenty of pictures ;-)

But one of the problems with doing so much of my art work digitally is that I rarely have the pleasure of burning my pages... today's MMM challenge however gave me the immense pleasure of virtually "burning" my work!

Here is a detail from it before the burn:

Skeleton

It was inspired by some photographs of a dig in Bristol that unearthed Medieval skeleltons below the bus station.

For other people's see Mixed Media Memoirs

10 comments:

isay said...

it is a great mmm and you know what the pictures you have mixed are great. i like the colors and i was also imagining them without the texts on top of them. i thought it would be better.

there was a collage of pictures that i have made a long time agon and when i had it almost finished that i felt like throwing or burning them but, a sudden idea came and i started painting some colors on top and varnish it with a strong color-it turned out so beautifully.

Caroline said...

Isay - thanks I may have another go at this particular collage another day!

Anonymous said...

You now I really like that skeleton.And that muddy brown gives it a real atmosphere.

Caroline said...

thanks Janey!

andrea said...

I know this was posted ages ago. I looked at it, loved it like all your collages, but moved on. Now I just wanted to acknowledge it.

Caroline said...

Ages ago? It doesn't feel like that... its been haunting me all week...

fin said...

haunting

Caroline said...

Thanks fin

AscenderRisesAbove said...

I very much like this piece!

The insect was good too - though I could not look at it long as it was a bit too realistic and I get creeped out by bugs too easily. however; quality wise; excellent likeness.

Caroline said...

thank you - I hope you get over being bugged by bugs but I do know some people have such problems. Must have made IF - Insect week really tough for you!