Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Top Ten Trivia Facts about Caro's Lines

Collage

I found this game over at Merlinprincesse's blog

Ten Top Trivia Facts about Caro's Lines!

  1. It is impossible to fold Caro's Lines more than seven times.
  2. Over half of Americans are officially Caro's Lines.
  3. The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of Caro's Lines is blue.
  4. The Australian billygoat plum contains a hundred times more Vitamin C than Caro's Lines.
  5. Some birds use Caro's Lines to orientate themselves during migration!
  6. There are six towns named Caro's Lines in the United States!
  7. Americans discard enough Caro's Lines to rebuild their entire commercial air fleet every 3 months!
  8. A Caro's Linesometer is used to measure Caro's Lines!
  9. Early thermometers were filled with Caro's Lines instead of mercury.
  10. All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by Caro's Lines.
I am interested in - do tell me about

14 comments:

andrea said...

The image looks like some sort of sacred druid thing ~ an unidentified holy symbol against an ancient castle, symbolic bird and network of branches. Enigmatic and lovely.

Caroline said...

Thank you - did you spot the two little biplanes as well... they were buzzing around together like this.

Wandering Coyote said...

The quiz is really funny. I especially like #8!

Mike said...

I like #5 :)

And that picture is crazy! (I mean that as a compliment)

Anonymous said...

The illo is complex and mystical--I like it. The trivia facts are very fun and kind of silly which fits Mama says Om's theme this week :-)

Caroline said...

Wandering Coyote - I was wondering where I could buy one ;-)

Viking054 - it doesn't say that those birds get to where they want to go does it? And thanks for the crazy compliment too.

Nan - I've been avoiding joining in with more themes and challenges but I'm happy to know I've done one by accident!

isay said...

there must be some mystery or power enveloping the colored glass window that it flashes and comes out of the frame to attract birds and send them messages.

i've tried the trivia and it was funny what they've said about isay

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You're famous! :-D

That white bird in the top piece reminds me of a quilt I've done, a white bird flying towards a huge sunflower.

Your art makes me think of dreams, and the way I like to write, Caro.

Reluctant Nomad said...

Your blood and your lines are blue!!

Caroline said...

Isay - very observant - stained glass would certainly be a good explanation for the coloured circular design - though not one I'd thought of! The funniest isay one that I got was:

# All shrimp are born as isay, but gradually mature into females.

;-)

GG - are we overlapping images and thoughts again?

the contrivium says:
# GG is physically incapable of sticking her tongue out!

Is this true?

Reluctant Nomad - does that make me a squid?

meghan said...

hi there - I tried that test & apparently all of the animals in the WORLD belong to me! I love it!

I saw your comment at Melba's too - I tell ya, there'll be a girl on a plane from the UK so fast when all of that happens - this community is SO amazing!!!

Caroline said...

Megg - lucky you! When I put Megg in I get, amongst others:

Finding Megg on Christmas morning is believed to bring good luck.

Wouldn't it be odd if we met for the first time there... when we are only about 100 miles apart in the uk!

purplefugue said...

Hi Caroline...thanks for popping by and your words of support during my spotty phase. Interesting game this...thanks for sharing.

Willie Baronet said...

There are now actually SEVEN towns in the U.S. named Caro's Lines. One just popped up in South Texas. Fyi.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! Love your art. :-)