Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tagged: 6 weird things


An elephant candlestick given to me by my sister


I've been tagged by Larry Lee (via Illustration Friday!)

RULES:

People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about themselves as well as state this rule clearly.

In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Six weird things about me:
  1. I used to have a set of satin, embroidered elephants called: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon. I used to introduce people to them.

  2. The other named elephant I had was a painted wooden one called Mozambique. I'd introduce him too.

  3. I can't find these elephants to post pictures of them!

  4. When watching the BBC's Planet Earth what upset me most was seeing the little elephant going the wrong way - following the tracks of its mother away from her and the rest of the herd - and therefore to certain death.

  5. I had a friend at university who promised me he'd buy me an elephant when he was a millionaire. I got an email last year saying he owed me an elephant!

  6. When mentioning elephants yesterday I forgot the gorgeous one that Tinker did recently.
Six people to tag: Tinker, Suzie Q, Jo, Ian, CMS, Macaroni Penguins

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Elephanty weirdness! Just the job! I was disturbed by that bit on Planet Earth, too :( Brilliant series, I sent it to my brother for his birthday (on DVD!) And fancy having a millionaire for a friend! When will he send you that elephant, I wonder?! ;)
Now to come up with six publishable weird things about me....mmmm....

Caroline said...

Suzie Q - I thought you might appreciate the elephants!

The trouble with having a millionaire for a friend is he is always working and never has time to come and stay any more...

Yes its that publishable bit that is the hardest :-)

Ian russell said...

d'oh, sorry, i've already been tagged - doncha remember biting toes?! I would love to do 6 more but sadly not weird enough. ;o)

okay, as it's you I'll have a go.

Caroline said...

Ian - I thought you might like to do a few more and admit to that part...

Tinker said...

Yikes! I did the 'publishable' six weird things in Dec - not sure if there are 6 more I can admit to in public, lol! I'll ponder it for a bit and see @_@ Either way, thanks for thinking of me!
Loved reading yours, especially having the elephant theme. I haven't seen BBC's PLanet Earth, but I'm not sure I could have borne watching such a poignant scene. It seems the older I get, the wimpier - i.e., the more I try to avoid watching things that tug at my heartstrings...As for your friend's offer, if I had the land for a rescued one, I would be sorely tempted to take him up on it - good thing no one's offered me one, lol, I have enough trouble keeping up with just the rescued small mammals around here. Speaking of small mammals I looked up the Spanish Waterdogs, and I can see why you were so taken with them. Thanks for remembering/mentioning my little elephant! xo

Caroline said...

Tinker - I know you've already let on about your first 6 but surely you are not so weird not to have a few more weirdnesses? Its the digging deeper that is the challenge - you can always cheat like me and pick a theme...

I run away from the telly more too - no need to watch gruesome stuff but the rest of Planet Earth was so beautifully photographed, I mean filmed - stunning. If you get the chance do watch it.

Tony LaRocca said...

Can you combine your elemental pants to make compound pants?

Caroline said...

Tony - no because they are noble pants!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Your elephants have reminded me that my parents had a carved wooden hippo that they used to put near the door of my room as a child to scare me into not leaving my cot. I seem to recall it worked. It was named Kasavubu after the Congo's first president.

Child abuse, I say!!

Johnnynorms said...

When you get your elephant, pack your trunk and come along the M4 to see us in London! There is an elephant lane on the motorway isn't there?

stop press: Elbowroom is happening again

Caroline said...

RN - I think the wooden hippo sounds more like a guardian ... and its normal to be scared of these until you are ready to pass them... :-)

JN - I do hope the M4 is a trunk road...